Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Christian Wisdom


Driving home from Dad’s I saw this truck. It is a garbage disposal truck. I am confused by the name of the company.

Does this company use Christ to promote its business? Does this company dispose of Christians? Are there too many Christians? Are there too many people calling themselves Christians? I do not know the answers to these questions. I lack wisdom. I wrote a poem to explain my lack of wisdom…

Wisdom comes wrapped in pain.
Razor chains circle a pretty box.
Blood tipped fingers struggle with the lock.
Unlocked, the box has nothing within.

Each box holds another – an endless game.
Inside each box there is more of the same.
Scarred hands again wrap wisdom’s box.
Wisdom crawls to new lovers of locks.

Let wisdom’s chase pass me by…
Let nothing stand between me and the blue, blue sky…
May I find no need to study life’s meaning.
May I see clearly past all dreaming.

No comments: