Sunday, July 01, 2012

Another One, Much Like The Other Ones


Dateline: Town House Motel, Winnemucca, Nevada, 5:17 a.m.

The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends

has come out with a new piece, You Must Be Upgraded.
I closed my eyes and tapped the old trusty keyboard one more time. Here's what she wrote as I listened.

Upgraded to a beautiful ass or just a crying piece of whatever comes your way? When you sing this way you become the thing you cannot see or know. Ass is ass and dance it must. Bust and ass you cannot see inside the mind the blinds the world with an ass of its own that cannot be known. Lovely voice. Plaintive sounding, a bit of Bush. The Bush you know, Kate Bush and the Hounds of Love will never be topped for plaintive singing.

Switch. Switch and tan the bottom as it stares into the sky.

She sings, "All my mind must be a boo, hoo, who." S'okay, insult away. Very nice. Very nice. Would do you any time.

Gotta go, gotta go. Maybe Mayes will see me in Denver. I hope so. Life is short and its always nice to see friends.

No comments: